CITIZENS COMPASS— United States president, Donald Trump, on Monday, threatened to bomb Oman if it “gets in the way” of a proposed United States deal with Iran over the Strait of Hormuz, escalating tensions surrounding the strategically important waterway..
Trump issued the threat while speaking to Fox News journalist, Trey Yingst, amid ongoing diplomatic discussions between Oman and Iran over maritime navigation through the strait.
“If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the shit out of them,” Trump told Yingst, referring to talks between Oman and Iran on the future control and operation of the waterway, while Washington is also pursuing its own negotiations with Tehran.
Iranian and Omani officials have reportedly been engaged in discussions for weeks on future maritime navigation arrangements through the Strait of Hormuz.
Iran’s foreign ministry said on Monday that the two sides were working toward a joint declaration.
Trump, however, has repeatedly maintained that the strategic waterway is under US control, despite the continued disruption of maritime traffic. Tehran effectively closed the strait at the beginning of the Middle East war on February 28, according to the account provided.
The latest threat against Oman comes days after Trump said he could go as far as declaring the Strait of Hormuz part of US territory. Iran rejected the claim, insisting that the crucial energy route it has blockaded “will remain Iranian.”
Before the outbreak of the US-Israeli war against Iran, the Strait of Hormuz was regarded as an open international waterway. The route is one of the world’s most important maritime corridors, carrying significant portions of global energy shipments and other commodities.
Trump also escalated his demands against Iran on Monday, calling for Tehran to pay compensation for Americans killed or wounded in conflicts and for Iranian protesters he alleged had been killed by the Iranian government over several decades.




