CITIZENS COMPASS – THREE containerised shops at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), were on Wednesday, May 31, 2023, gutted by fire.
The incident occurred at about 4.15pm according to Adeseye Margaret, Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service who confirmed the incident.
The Director said, “”The Fire at LASUTH reported at 16:15 hours Wednesday had been extinguished by the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service.
” The incident which affected three container shops of varying sizes trading in fast food and drinks is situated behind the Engineering Department .
” The Fire which emanated from one of the severely affected shops travels through the ceiling to partially involved an Office in the adjoining Engineering Department before it was eventually put out.
” While preliminary findings show mishandling of a 6kg gas cylinder as the cause of the Fire by one of the shops operative before the quick intervention of the nearby Ikeja Fire Station with the backup of Alausa fire Crew to stem the incident.
” Operations concluded without no record of injury nor death.”