Fire guts three-story building in Lagos 

CITIZENS COMPASS— Various hair wigs which monetary value could not be ascertained were consumed on Monday, April 8, 2024, in a fire outbreak that gutted a three-story building in Apongbon area of Lagos State.

The Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Margaret Adeseye who confirmed the inferno to Citizens Compass in a statement, said it occurred at approximately 12:24hrs at 48 Breadfruit Street, Apongbon.

“The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service has initiated a comprehensive operation to contain a fire outbreak at 48 Breadfruit Street, Apongbon, Lagos, which began at approximately 12:24hrs on Monday.

“The blaze, originating from the second floor of a three-story building primarily housing various hair wigs, prompted a swift and coordinated response from multiple fire crews, including those stationed at Ebute Elefun, Sari Iganmu, Dolphin, and Alausa of the agency, as well as the Federal Fire Service.

“Despite challenges posed by the difficult terrain and heightened concerns among traders, the fire has been successfully extinguished, preventing its spread to adjacent properties and salvaging what remains of the affected structure.

“There have been no reported casualties, and the cause of the fire is attributed to careless handling of a generator.”


Related Articles

Back to top button