Community

High tension cable electrocutes six worshippers in Lagos

SIX WORSHIPPERS of a new generation church, were on Sunday, electrocuted, in Abule Egba, area of Lagos after a high tension electric wire suddenly sagged and fell on the victims during church service.

The incident occured at about 07:34 am, at El-Adonai Evegenlical Ministry, 18 Jibiwu Road, off Agbe Road, U-turn Bus Stop although the cause could not be ascertained.

It was learnt that the identity of the victims could not be ascertained at press time.

A high tension connecting the Cherum & Saraphim, C&S, Church’s flag pole was affected which led to the electrical shock of about 6 male adults.

At press time, men.of the Agege Fire Station of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service is currently attending to the incident with a view to secure lives and properties in the area.

Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Mrs. Adeseye Margaret, confirmed the incident could however acertained the number of death, saying some of the victims were unsconcious as of press time.

“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youths restiveness and tensed area,” Adeseye stated.

Some of the victims were said to be taken to a nearby hospital for medical attention.

In a related development, a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), was said to have went up in flame at Costain Bus-stop, Lagos.

Men of Sari Iganmu Fire Station were said to have attended to the inferno and salvaged the vehicle.

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button