Man electrocuted in Ogun community

CITIZENS COMPASS —A middle-aged electrician was electrocuted on Tuesday while assisting his neighbour fix an electrical fault following a power outage in the area.

The incident occurred at Unity Estate, Aregbe, Abeokuta, Ogun State. 

Spokesperson, Ogun State Police Command, SP Omolola Odutola, confirmed the incident. 

She promised to  issue a press statement on the incident.

It was gathered that the electrician who lived at Unity Estate, Aregbe area of Obantoko, Odeda local government area of Ogun State, had engaged the service of an electrician to help rectify an electric fault.

It was learnt that there was an outage at the time the electrician climbed the electrical pole, but there was restoration while he was carrying out the task. 

A source in the community said residents fled in the ensuing panic, adding that the incident was reported at Aregbe Police Station.

The source said, “He was an electrician who was engaged to help with repairs of electrical faults in the house. He has been the one assisting in fixing electricity faults when IBEDC men were not around.

“There was no electricity before he started the connection. But while he was on it, power was restored. He was electrocuted. Those around initially fled, but later Mr Elijah went to Aregbe Police Station to report, before the Community Development Association members joined him.”




Related Articles

Back to top button