AN overnight fire has gutted a section of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Egbe, Lagos, during a candle light procession in honour of the church founder, late Prophet Temitope Joshua.
It was learnt that the fire, which gutted a store house in the church’s premises, started around 11 pm.
Members of the church, who had attended the night of tributes and candlelight procession in his honour, were seen scampering for safety during the incident.
It was learnt that firefighters arrived at the scene at about 12:19 am on Tuesday but the fire had been put out before their arrival.
According to a member of the church, “An electrical spark at the control room caused the fire. It happened after the candlelight procession,” he said.
The church confirmed the fire incident in a press statement, saying there was no casualty.
The statement read, “In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a storehouse within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations complex.
The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
“As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on the ground at the time of the incident.
“We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.”
The pastor, televangelist, philanthropist, leader and founder of The Synagogue died on June 5 at the age of 57.
His widow, Evelyn Joshua, led the candlelight procession at the SCOAN Faith Resort in Egbe area of Lagos.
SCOAN had announced that TB Joshua would be laid to rest on Friday, July 9, at the church premises in Lagos.
The Lagos State Government had inspected the church facilities for COVID-19 protocols in preparation for the funeral of its late founder.