CommunityGeneral News

Factory worker allegedly kills colleague over N300

CITIZENS COMPASS- TWO factory workers are currently at loggerheads in Mushin area of Lagos, after one of them, Toheeb Kilani, allegedly killed another over N300 fees.

Toheeb was said to have fled the area after stabbing Emmanuel Ojo to death, during an argument.

Problem started when both boarded a motorcycle to Kilani’s residence on Asabi Street, Mushin after the day’s assignment.

After they alighted from the motorcycle, the rider was said to have received payments from the colleague and gave them N300 balance to share between themselves.

It was learnt that the process of sharing the money  resulted in an argument that degenerated into a scuffle during which Kilani brought out a cutter and allegedly used it to stab Ojo in the neck.

Thereafter, Kilani fled the scene, abandoning the victim, who was unconscious and bleeding on the ground.

It was learnt that some good Samaritans rushed Ojo to a nearby hospital where the doctor on duty pronounced him dead on arrival.

Ojo’s corpse was later handed over to policemen from the Olosan police station.

During a visit to the area, an apprentice, Stanley Ufon, said the cause of the fight was N300, adding that it started after they alighted from the motorcycle.

Ufon said, “The motorcyclist didn’t have change, so he gave them N300 to share between themselves and left. The money caused an argument and they started fighting each other. “One of them brought out a cutter and stabbed the other person. The suspect realised what he had done and fled but we tried to rush the victim to the hospital, but he died on the way.”

A Point of Sales operator in the area, who gave his name only as Collins, said the boys were close friends who worked in a factory at Fatai-Atere Street, Mushin, adding that efforts made by people to separate them proved abortive.

 “After stabbing his friend, he went home and was later informed that his injured friend died after drinking water,” Collins said.

An elderly woman, who sells alcohol drinks, spoke with our correspondent but refused to give her name for security reasons, noting that people in the area initially thought Kilani and Ojo were playing with each other.

She said, “My neighbour thought they were playing but when it got rough, she asked them to leave the premises of her shop.

 “Shortly after, she saw one of them lying on the floor motionless and the other boy ran away. She moved closer and realised that the boy lying on the floor had been stabbed in the neck and was bleeding. The boy died.”

Contacted, the state Police Public Relation Officer, SP Benjamin Hundenyin, said efforts were on to arrest the fleeing suspect.

He said, “The incident happened around 1pm at Ashabi Street, Mushin, where a fight broke out between Toheeb Kilani and 20-years-old, Emmanuel Ojo.

“They had a misunderstanding and Kilani stabbed Ojo with an object and he collapsed. Ojo was rushed to the general hospital where he was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.

“The suspect escaped and efforts to apprehend him are still ongoing.”


The Punch 

Related Articles

Back to top button