I ended up in ritualists’ den after boarding Korope in Oshodi —Ikorodu resident 

CITIZENS COMPASS —A resident of Agric, Ikorodu area of Lagos State, Omoosumi Samuel, on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, narrated how he found himself in a ritualist’s den after boarding a minibus popularly known as Korope in Oshodi.

The 24-year-old furniture maker popularly known as Toby Woods in the Mushin area of Lagos, said his supposed destination was Ikeja where he proposed to fix the charging port of his phone at Computer Village.

Unfortunately, he fell weak inside the bus, dozed off, and found his hands tied and face covered in the den.
“On Wednesday afternoon, I left my house to get materials for work at Mushin. When I got to Oshodi, I decided to go to Ikeja first to fix my phone’s charging port issue which I’ve been procrastinating to repair for a while.

“I entered a bus (korope) at Oshodi going to Ikeja. People were also on the bus but a few minutes later, I noticed that I had become weak. I thought I was hungry because I hadn’t had anything to eat all day.

“That was the end.

Next thing I woke up tied and covered with a cloth covering my face, I heard people’s voices around,

I don’t know how many people were there with me because my face was covered. We were taken one by one to another room where they had access to our phones and we were taken back to the initial room.”

He further explained that he noticed people were once again taken out one by one from the room but nobody was brought back this time.

He added, “I was really scared at this point because I thought this was the end. They took me too and I felt the same weakness I felt on the bus.

Next thing I woke up in the middle of nowhere with blood on my clothes and a few cuts on my body.

“God led me out to a house and I met an old woman. I hardly understood her but she saw my condition and she gave me water to drink and slippers to wear and showed me the way to the road.

” I didn’t have any idea I was gone for this long because my face was covered throughout the time I was abducted. I also didn’t have any idea what time was.

“I stopped the first person I saw and he helped me and told me I was in Ogun State. He helped me find my way to Lagos and I entered a bus going to Oshodi.

*A stranger helped me pay my transport fare and gave me some money too because I explained everything to him. I made a call too to a number I could remember but it didn’t go through.

“I slept throughout the journey and when I got to Oshodi, I knew I was safe already. I entered a bus heading to Ikorodu and I alighted at Agric where I got something to eat out of the money the stranger gave me. I took a bike home and I was told I got home around 12a. m.”

Another X user, #HassanSZNN who had earlier alerted the public about the disappearance of the furniture maker also corroborated the post with a title, “Tobywood is Back!”

“It is with great joy that I announce to you all that our brother and friend Oluwatobiloba Omoosumi Samuel-Tobywood has returned to us.

“We thank God for this success and we are grateful to everyone who supported us through publications, retweets, and well wishes, we are utmostly grateful.

“Special thanks to Pastor Bolaji and the entire HarvestersNG team for their huge effort during this process through finance, being physically present, and the prayer sessions. May God keep blessing you all.

“We also appreciate the Manifold International Church for your effort in the matter.

“On behalf of the Omoosumi family and the friends of Toby, this is an acknowledgment of everyone’s efforts and appreciation.
Thank you.”

Related Articles

Back to top button