CommunityCrimeGeneral News

Suspected gunmen kill nine, injure one in Kaduna village

SUSPECTED gunmen have reportedly attacked killed nine residents and injured another one during an attack on Ungwan Dooh (Mado) Village, Zangon Kataf LGA of Kaduna State.

The incident was said to have occured on Sunday night.

A resident in the area, simply identified  as Jonathan Ali, said the attacker came with gun and started shooting sporadically, while residents fled to different directions.

Confirming the reports in a statement on Sunday, Kaduna State Commisioner for Internal Security and Home affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan said, security operatives reported to the Kaduna State Government that troops of Operation Safe Haven, responded to distress calls and mobilized to the area.

According to him, the assailants fled on sighting the troops. Nine corpses have been recovered so far following a search of the village.

The statement mentioned the names of the deceased as;
Moses Dangana,Mary Dangana, Jummai Dangana, Jerry James
Happy James, Endurance Stephen, Comfort Emmanuel, Jummai Tanko, Mary Clement

He said one resident, Magdalene Dangoma, sustained gunshot injuries and is receiving treatment in hospital just as two houses were razed in the attack.

“The troops of Operation Safe Haven also rescued 12 persons who were fleeing from the attackers. Those rescued are; Patrick Chindon, Joseph Agbon, Polymer Joseph, Amos Francis, Keziah Amos
Linda Jonathan, Asabe Jonathan, Jonathan James, Lamin Yohanna, Titi Emmanuel, Patricia Michael,Jetral Bala,” the statement said

According to Aruwan, troops are still carrying out search and rescue operations, and will make public the exact number of casualties.

Acting Governor, Hadiza Balarabe, received the reports with sadness, and condemned the recent spate of devastating attacks in the area. She prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased, and sent condolences to their families.

He said, the Acting Governor wished the injured resident a quick recovery, and urged security agencies to sustain diligent investigations into the attack, adding that, troops are working in the area and the public will be updated on further developments.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button